The Hudson Valley Flying Circus Pole Vault Club,LLC “VAULT-TOWN”…Warwick, New York
“The POLE VAULT FIRE has been LIT”…by the 66 Up-and-Coming Winter Club Flying Circus athletes and 40 additional Pole Vault Rising Stars’ attending our “SUPER SUNDAYS” Open Sessions every weekend. The energy…enthusiasm and positive focus on these technical training sessions has been AWE-INSPIRING every session and the technique improvements have been huge already. We here at Flying Circus believe in the “POWER of POSITIVITY” … as each athlete inspires other team members to reach for HIGH STANDARDS of ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION. We believe …that there are NO SHORT CUTS to the TOP PERFORMANCES in POLE VAULTING. MAKE TRAINING -A-PRIORITY EVERYDAY!!!!!
WE BELIEVE each athlete must build and grind out the work… in the Weight Room… in the Sprint Workouts…in the Drills Progressions and in 3 Days a Week vaulting sessions. Put in the work and then… GREAT THINGS CAN HAPPEN. MOTIVATION…is the Name of the Game!!!!!! TRAIN INSANE…or…REMAIN-the-SAME !!!!!
*SPECIAL THANKS DEPARTMENT ….We would like to salute the many volunteer teachers…coaches and parents that help make FLYING CIRCUS a unique experience for your child. Volunteer Coaches …Stephanie Duffy.. Will Nesbitt…Rob Pasek…Ben Simonet…Ken Cevoli…Jim Glover….Michelle Kercado … Volunteer Parents..Bob Sorensen..Beth Becher…Eddie Duffy…Marcus Zavattaro…Dave Kircheff… and our entire supporting parent staff each night assisting in every which way possible. Our club and athletes appreciate every volunteer who has created this ‘Positive Atmosphere’ here @ Flying Circus.
* MORE DONATIONS …. There were three GREAT DONATIONS this month in regard to equipment and supplies…Coach Will Nesbitt has donated 3 New UCS Main Pit Covers for our 1800 Series Pit..making our main pit more safe for all athletes…Coach Ken Cevoli continues to donate Medical supplies for our depleted Medical Kits …Bob Sorensen(Warwick,NY) has donated New Standards/Uprights for our Indoor Green Pit !!!
* ALUMNI -COLLEGE ATHLETES RETURN…… We have blocked out” BLACK FRIDAY”… November 25 for a GET TOGETHER VAULT TRAINING SESSION during the Thanksgiving break for all college/Open athletes. This 2 hour session is scheduled for 3:30-5:30PM. Bring your SPIKES and STORIES!!!!! WELCOME HOME!!!
* JUST 14 Days to the ….”ANDY WASNIK POLE VAULT MEET” at The FLYING CIRCUS…. Yes… Saturday December 3, 2017…. The Girls Meet starts at 11AM… with Green Pit Competition Bar starting at 5′ 0″ and the Red Pit Competition Bar starts at 9′ 6″ !!! Spikes up for all the fun..Entry Fee-$30 per athlete at the door. SUPER FAST RUNWAY!!!!! Warm Up begins at 10AM.
The Boys Meet Starts at 2PM…with the Green Pit Competition Bar starting at 7′ 0″ and the Red Pit Competition Bar starting at 10′ 6″ !!! Entry Fee – $30 per athlete at the door… All Divisions/Open /Masters … 1/4″ Spikes for Clawing!!!
* “CHASING DREAMS” …….
– RUN TALL = TAKE-OFF TALL
– RUN POSTURE WINS in POLE VAULT
– FIRM BODY @ TAKE-OFF = FAST SWING
– ACCELERATION IS POWERFUL…NOT QUICK.
– FOOT STRIKE with COCKED ANKLE= STABILITY
– SOFT HANDS =RELAXED SHOULDERS and EASY PLANT.
FLYING CIRCUS ….SHARING POSITIVE ENERGY.