The Hudson Valley Flying Circus Pole Vault Project
The Warwick Center
Warwick, New York
The Repair and Recovery period is now over…it’s now time to refocus and rededicate to our exciting outdoor spring Track & Field season at Flying Circus. The Flying Circus vaulters completed their 18 Meet Indoor” Vault-Mania Tour with huge improvements and unbelievable ” spirited togetherness ” at every meet. It was wonderful to watch and be a part of by athletes… all staff and all parents ….. and now..it time to go to the outdoor runways and pits to spread the word about the fun of bending fiberglass vaulting poles and taking air flight. One of the joys of pole vaulting is the day-to-day journey of consistent training ….consistent improving of basic drills… consistent strength and speed development. Find your High School Weight Room…Find your Sprint Training group….mark your meet schedule on your BIG ROOM CALENDAR and get excited to be a focused and dedicated High School athlete. You only get a few golden opportunities to be a HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE…. ” LEAVE BIG FOOTPRINTS”.
GET UP — QUICK !
Success in athletics and in life is determined not by how many
times you get knocked down… ..but..by how quickly you get back up.
It’s unrealistic to think that you can avoid all the problems and challenges
which will certainly block your path.
YOU WILL GET KNOCKED DOWN.
GET OVER IT.
GET BACK IN THE GAME.
Here’s some Spring News/Schedules/Camps/Bus Guidelines
With the Spring Meets starting next week for High School and Middle School athletes on various days per week.. our new schedule for Open Vault Days for all athletes will be limited to Open Sundays and Open Wednesday Nights for vault help. Most of our staff will now be helping coach at their High Schools and with beginning vaulters. Our Super Sundays Open Instruction will now move to our outdoor pits and 2 indoor pits on all Sundays(except Easter Sunday-Closed April 1) Girls Open Sundays is 12:30-2pm…Boys Open Sundays is 2-3:30pm. Our Wednesday Nights Open Co-Ed Sessions will be 5:30-7pm and 7-8:30pm.. All Open sessions are still $30 per athlete per session. Our Insurance Policy does not allow us to lend used poles to athletes., See your High School Coach for all your spring pole needs ASAP!!!!
THANK YOU to all athletes and staff/parents helping us today at CIRCUS YOUTH DAY. It was a huge success, with many new and exciting young athletes taking up the pole vault challenge. Keep an eye on the future champions @ Flying Circus.
THANKS to a great donation by Bob and Lisa Sorensen Family … The Flying Circus Outdoor Backyard Pole Vault Pits will be Lit-Up this summer for some cool evening vaulting/meets ..UNDER-the-STARS !!!!!
SUMMER VAULT CAMPS….. Applications coming on our Web-Site on April 1. This is a limited Camp…so act fast if you are interested for the 2 Day Camp… Boys Camp July 9-10 3:45pm-8pm each day Girls camp July 12-13 3:45pm-8pm each day.
CIRCUS BBQ BARNYARD MEET….. Saturday July 14..Final Activity of the Summer… Girls Meet 10AM … Boys Meet 1PM …. Elite Pro Meet 4PM… Music..Joe Team…Dancing Fun.
BUS TRAVEL GUIDELINES/THOUGHTS
* Always remember …it is a special privilege to travel and represent your SCHOOL…Your TEAM…your FAMILY and your COMMUNITY.
* CONSERVE YOUR ENERGY and FOCUS ON YOUR COMPETITION. Many High School athletes leave their best performances on the bus. Your actions and language should reflect your character and your family values.
* LEADERSHIP should be modeled by the UPPER CLASSMEN and WOMEN ALWAYS.
* ACT LIKE A CHAMPION ON THE BUS and ON THE TRACK ! Be Polite and Show RESPECT.
* Do not board the bus without the COACH before or after the meet. Do not board another schools bus at any time.
* Report any damage of the bus to your coach as you board the bus.
* CLEAN YOUR AREA following the trip….Leave the Bus cleaner than BEFORE!!!
* ALWAYS let the BUS DRIVER KNOW YOU APPRECIATE them taking you to and from the meet.
ALWAYS THANK YOUR DRIVER when leaving the bus. IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!
* TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN YOUR BEHAVIOR. ALWAYS SHOW THAT YOU ARE A CLASS ACT IN EVEREY SITUATION.
“FLYING CIRCUS RIDES AGAIN”…. JOIN the FUN.