“FLY-CIRCUS” @ TEXAS RELAYS ~~~~ KAELI THOMPSON hits Target — 13′ 6″ (4th Place) !!!!
The Hudson Valley Flying Circus Pole Vault Project, LLC
Warwick Valley, New York
This was the theme and attitude posted up on the University of Texas Football Facility front door …as I walked into my first CLYDE LITTLEFIELD TEXAS RELAYS extravanganza this past weekend with Coach Mike Potter,Coach Curtis Ackacki, Greg Thompson and pole vaulter Kaeli Thompson. This 92nd Running of the Texas Relays was a treat for the ultimate Track & Field Nuts attending. Everything was first class…. and the the Texas Exes and constituents from around the campus teamed up to establish the …..”Texas Fans Make Us Proud” initiative to promote good sportsmanship at all athletic events for the University of Texas. The University of Texas is a leader of college sportsmanship and they make UT sporting events a model for safety, civility and team pride. THANK YOU UT for showing us the model…… “EVERYTHING MATTERS”.
Friday- March 29.. The Girls High School Championship Pole Vault event kicked off at 4:15pm..with a Texas Tailwind and the Top 10 Girl High School Vaulters were ready to fly. Warwick Valley,NY senior..Kaeli Thompson…Coached by Mike Potter and Curtis Ackacki was ready coming off her NB Pole Vault National Championship Indoor meet. Using her BIGGEST Poles ever.. she flew to a New School and Section 9 record with her 13′ 6″ clear on her 14′ 1 x 170 stick. She had two close bars at 13′ 9″ and placed 4th overall in her opening outdoor meet. It was also the 4th Best Vault on NY States All Time Outdoor list!!! CONGRATULATIONS KAELI!!!!
CIRCUS NEWS UPDATES
* Special Thanks to all our Coaching Staff for covering our instructional classes this week. It takes a village to Run-the-Circus and eveeryone always come thru to keep the Vault Train Rolling forward.
* Sorensen Consulting Pole Rentals and Sales are going strong again this spring. All athletes needing poles for the spring Track Season should connect with Bob Sorensen ASAP…. as the season is now revving up fast. All Indoor Rented poles should be returned by now to avoid any late charges. Thank you for helping fund our Pole Rental/Sales Project this year.
* Our Wednesday Night Open Vault Sessions have just 2 weeks to go. We willbe open April April 3 and April 10 at Regular evening times to help all vaulters get ready. WEDNESDAY NIGHT OPEN SESSIONS END APRIL 10. … as the Circus Coaching Staff will be at various dual meets during the weekdays and Saturdays. We will still have instruction every Sunday at Regular times posted.((We will be closed for EASTER SUNDAY… April 21… for Family Bonding).
* Our Summer Pole Vault Camps are filling up FAST NOW… If you plan to be with us this Summer(July 8-12) registration forms are at our web site www.hvflyingcircus.com. We limit this summer camp to a first register/first served policy. Beginner levels/Intermediate Levels/ Elite Levels of Instruction….Four outdoor Pits/2 Indoor Pits/excellent instruction/Fun for all — Join us this summer @ Flying Circus.
* Our BBQ “AIR-RUSH” Pole Vault Meet will be held Friday Evening July 12 for Midddle School and Freshman Divisions athletes only. Our BBQ “AIR-RUSH” Meet for all others will be Saturday July 13…Girls Division 10AM Boys Division 1:45PM… BBY at 2PM. Music …Fun….Great Food!!!!
* CONGRATULATIONS to JENN SUHR for an unbelievable TEXAS RELAYS 16′ 1.5″ Leap to gain the global lead again. This warrior..at age 37..refuses to quit . She had 2 close bars at an American Record 16′ 5″!!! Also a shout out to Dane Sorensen for another great win at Widner Invite this weekend at 15′ 7″ for the Cortland University Red Dragons!!!!
FLYING CIRCUS…. KEEP TRAING with a PURPOSE.