CIRCUS WEEKEND REPORT–MATT AONO 14′ 0″… LILY BEATTIE & ELLA GALLOWAY Soar 12′ 6″ !!!!
“TEAM SPIRIT is the MAGNET that draws people ….Include others.”
Weekend Report~~~~ There was a ton of Pole Vault Team Spirit this past weekend in venues. across. the Tri-State. Athletes reaching for personal bests together is the goal @ Flying Circus. and a wave of positive spirit carries us all to our very best. Solid demonstrations of focus…toughness and supporting each other on stage and the power to achieve are here. CONGRATULATIONS on all~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hispanic Games @ The Nike Track & Field Center at The Armory…Kicked off on Friday with Klaus Lindenau(Warwick Valley,NY) taking gold in the Freshman Pole Vault. at 10′ 6″(Meet Record) with teammate Anthony Roe coaching him up. Leadership shines again. Taking the Sophomore Section was Minisink Valley,NY. Soph Logan Schupner at 11′ 6″ for Coach Beck’s team.
The Boys’ Varsity was loaded with 35 vaulters on Saturday Morning and Circus Man..Matt Aono(Ridgewood,NJ) flew to the. a win for Coach Tim Wilson at 14′ 0″. Lucas Williams(Ridgefield,CT) hit 13′ 6′. Derek Amlicke(Staples,CT) 13′ 6’…Luke Beattie(Warwick Valley). 13′ 0:” >>Liam O’Meara(Ridgewood) 12′ 0″. Anthony Roe(Warwick) 11′ 0″ for Coach Potter.
The Girls’ Varsity was like a state meet atmosphere… as Warwick Valley,NY, junior Lily Beattie. flew. 12′ 6″ again and close bars at meet record 13′ 0″ on her. 14′ 1″ x 180 ESSX!!! Tatum Norris had sensational Triple Events.. with Pole Vault Silver. at 12′ 0″… 55m Dash 6th place… 7.17 =PR. and 25.60 7th place in her opening 200m dash of the season. Emma Keating(Pompton Lakes,NJ) was third. with big air at 11′ 6′.. Sophomore Rachel Venter(Warwick Valley) flew 11′ 0″. Grace Zagoria(Bronx Science,NY) 11′ 0″ and 27.14/200 legPR… Talia Hutchinson(Ridgewood) 10′ 6′ Hannah Cann(Warwick Valley) 10′ 6″ Maddie Magliaro(Trinty,NY) 10′ 6″…Maia Perillo(John Jay) 10′ 0″… Lilliana DeFelice(Cornwall). 9′ 0″… Sadie Steiner(Cornwall). 6′ 0″. Action continues. at The Nike Armory next Friday Night at Steve Borbet Classic.
Freedom Games @ Ocean Breeze,NY ~~~~~ Pine Bush,NY. sprinter/jumper…Ella Galloway set a new. school indoor record in placing second in the invitational pole vault… with her 12′ 6′ and solid jumps at 13′ 0″ for Coach Stephanie Duffy. Teammate Averie Klein(PB) made 9′ 0″ for the Lady Bushmen. Logan Schupner(Minisink Valley) sophomore. hit 11′ 6″. and Declan Kelly(Nanuet). went 11′ 6″. for the Golden Knights. Luke Kotsides(Rondout Valley) cleared 10′ 0″.
RCC Action this week in Suffern,NY.. saw Aaron Bell of Sleepy Hallow,NY) take. gold. at 10′ 0″ in Dendy Games #1. and Kate Dowling(Pearl River) won the girls at 7′ 6′. Reily Craig(PR) placed at 6′ 0″ for the Lady Pirates. In Dendy Games #3… Suffern,NY senior Olivia DeBellis set a new school indoor record at 10′ 7′ breaking Caitlin Cross’s. record. by an inch for Coach Borczyk. Todd Korman(Suffern) set a new PR. at 12′ 1″ for the Mountie Boys.
Section 1 – League @ Nike Armory~~~~~ Jonah Smith (Valhalla,NY) led a sweep in the vault. with his 10′ 6″ gold and Charles Nasshar(Val) placed at 7′ 0″ for Coach Sonya Graves.
BUS TRAVEL GUIDELINES for Track & Field Athletes.
1. Always remember… it is a special privilege to travel and represent. your SCHOOL and. your TRACK & FIELD TEAM. and. Your FAMILY.
2. CONSERVE YOUR ENERGY and FOCUS on YOUR COMPETITION. Many High School athletes leave their best performances ON THE BUS. DO NOT SHOW OFF by seeking attention with LOUD and RUDE BEHAVIOR. Your actions. and language should reflect your character and your family values.
3. LEADERSHIP should be modeled by the UPPER-CLASSMEN ALWAYS.
4. ACT LIKE A CHAMPION ON THE BUS and ON THE TRACK! Be POLITE and SHOW RESPECT.
5. DO NOT BOARD the BUS without the Coach before. or after the meet. Do NOT board another school bus at any time.
6. STAY SEATED at ALL TIMES while the Bus is in motion. When unloading the bus..use the front door only.
7. CLEAN YOUR AREA following all trips…LET’S LEAVE the BUS CLEANER BEFORE.
8. ALWAYS let the Bus Driver know you appreciate him/her for taking you to and from the meet. Always thank you to the Bus Driver. IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
9. TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR BEHAVIOR. SHOW THAT YOU ARE A CLASS ACT IN EVERY SITUATION.